Planetary Annihilation is a Real-Time Strategy (RTS) game developed by Uber Entertainment. The game was launched and successfully funded on Kickstarter. Players build and control a galactic civilization, using planetary resources to build massive armies and engage in war across multiple fronts.
The official site describes the following features:
- A Solar System Is Your Playground: Expand your empire to harness the resources of entire solar systems to create vast armies with which to annihilate enemy planets, destroy rival systems and win the Galactic War!
- Pick Your Battles: Play a quick skirmish with a friend on a single planet map with a low unit cap or a 12+ hour game with 40 of your closest frenemies and thousands of units. You can also hone your skills against Planetary Annihilation’s AI or team up with a friend against multiple AI’s.
- Advanced Command and Control: Planetary Annihilation’s order queuing interface allows you to control massive armies spread across multiple worlds with ease. Get strategic views of the action anywhere, anytime by zooming in and out of the war zone, and use split interfaces and multiple windows to keep an eye on multiple battlegrounds at once.
- Procedural Planet Creator: Create custom or randomized maps with our procedural planet creator. Like what you see? Save them and share them with the Planetary Annihilation community.
- Streaming Resource Economy: Use resources to build mega projects. Assign swarms of construction units in realtime to manage your economy. Reclaim wreckage and terrain to quickly recuperate after a battle.